Membership Enrollment 2022 - 2023
If you join online, you will be prompted to pay your membership fee via PayPal. If you prefer to join by mail, you can download, print, and complete the appropriate online form for your chosen membership and mail a check made out to CCE to P.O. Box 442390, Detroit, MI 48244.
All memberships/renewals are active for the period from the date they are paid until Fall of 2023.
DIMA Only Membership
DIMA + CCE Membership
Membership Descriptions and Rates:
Our mission is to promote, foster, and preserve traditional Irish music, song, and dance in Michigan through classes, workshops, sessions, concerts, and other cultural events. DIMA is a non-profit organization, offering classes to adults and children at all skill levels on tin whistle, Irish flute, fiddle, singing, bodhrán, and more.
* Membership fully stays with our local branch, to cover our costs such as facilities rental
* Includes discounts on most DIMA-sponsored events such as workshops and concerts throughout the year
* Includes free participation in weekly repertoire/style class
Student: $15 (anyone with a valid school ID, including college. For any member under the age of 18 as of January 1st, 2022, this membership level will include a *free* "Junior" CCÉ membership.)
Two adults, same household: $35
Detroit Irish Music Association (DIMA) is our local branch of Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann (CCÉ), an international organization based in Ireland, whose worldwide mission is to promote and preserve traditional Irish music. Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann (CCE), Ireland’s premier cultural movement was founded in 1951. There are now over 400 branches of Comhaltas. They are located in each of the 32 counties of Ireland, in England, USA, Canada, Australia, Europe and Japan.
* Treoir magazine subscription (excluded for Junior memberships)
* Discounted registration fees for Fleadh Cheoil (music competition held annually by CCÉ)
* Eligibility to hold elected office in DIMA/CCÉ
CCE + DIMA Rates:
Junior (under 18): *free* with DIMA Student Membership *(For any member under the age of 18 as of January 1st, 2022)
Adult w/Student ID: $40
Two adults, same household: $60